Have you ever thought that reading or studying books might be unhealthy for you under certain circumstances?
Well all you need to do is cast your mind back to the last time you finished reading a book or studying a textbook and all you could think about was how sore your back was and how painful the crick in your neck was, and oh boy were you glad you were done best CFA study material.
We have all felt like this from time to time but it is something you can avoid, and very easily at that. All you have to do is get a hold of a book stand for reading. You know what I am talking about, something like your Preacher uses to deliver his sermon from on Sunday in church. Except that now these book stands come in all different sizes, shapes and colors.
Using a book stand means:
- you don’t have to hold the book while reading, it does it for you. This in turn means your hands and wrists won’t get tired and ache.
- quality book stands come with multiple angle settings. No matter what position you are reading or studying in you will be able to position the stand in such a way that it will be comfortable for you. This means there will be no more neck pain, back ache or tension headaches from eye strain.
- you will be able to read for extended periods because reading for you will no longer be tiring or arduous. This means you will get more work done. And that means, if you are a student, you will be one up on all your classmates who don’t have a book stand.
- you will be able to read just about anywhere. Whether you are on the treadmill doing your daily exercise, enjoying a meal or even in hospital a book stand will allow you to carry on reading under almost any circumstances.
- you can put more than books on it. You can angle it to become a writing pad or you can put your laptop on it. You don’t have to crick your neck any longer to take notes, write reports or use your computer.
Just about all of us can read or study a book under almost any circumstances given the motivation to do so. This is probably why so few people see the immediate benefit to using a book holder. However as you can see there are several health benefits to using one.
Using a stand enables you to read at eye level and keep your back straight which helps prevents eye strain, neck pain and back ache. All of this must improve your overall reading experience and help you to accomplish more.
So, why not give it a try?